Friday, 19 January 2007

19th Jan

Got up and showered, hadn't tried the showers out here and I was a bit worried that they'd be completely shitty but they were actually ok. They were kind of like little capsules.

Went to Starbucks again and had a white hot chocolate cos they are just lush. Then went back to Ueno.

We went to the National science museum which was ok. Only problem was most of it was in Japanese. Big suprise! There was English on some floors but not on others which was kind of odd.

Wen to the Toshogu Shrine. Theres a flame there from the atomic bomb in Hiroshima. It's used as a symbol of peace and is now set in a dove. Hmm..

Then we went and got coffee. There we met Mark- An Australian visiting friends here. Really he's the first English speaking person that we've properly spoken to. It was cool. Randomly went to the Tokyo museum together and the for food in TGI Fridays. It was kind of cool to Randomly meet an english speaking person.

Its weird. 99% of the people around here are Japanese. Yes I know it's Japan but most places you kind of get "a bit of everything" you know but here it's very rare that you see someone who isn't Japanese.

We tried sushi today. Hmm not going to be my favourite food. It tasted of the sea. I think it would be better if there had been less rice. Cold rice is just weird! But I tried it so.....

Think I might have slept funny last night. My shoulder hurts. Hopefully it'll pass but I'm kind of worried that it won't cos that would just kind of ruin things a bit.

I'm going to be completely out of the loop when I get home. I know it's not exactly important but I'm the one that's supposed to know everything cos I talk to everyone pretty much. And I know nothing ever really happens but I like knowing stuff. Even if it is nothing...

Also very teary... wrong time of the month. Argh *hates stupidness*

Everyone was saying how expensive Japan is but so far I've spent about 10000 yen which is about £50!

No comments: